Pages

Wednesday, April 4, 2018

The Holy Spirit is Welcome Here!

But, as it is written,
“What no eye has seen, nor ear heard,
nor the heart of man imagined,
what God has prepared for those who love him”—
these things God has revealed to us through the Spirit. 
For the Spirit searches everything, even the depths of God. 
For who knows a person's thoughts 
except the spirit of that person, which is in him? 
So also no one comprehends the thoughts of God except the Spirit of God. 
Now we have received not the spirit of the world, 
but the Spirit who is from God, 
that we might understand the things freely given us by God. 
And we impart this in words not taught by human wisdom 
but taught by the Spirit, 
interpreting spiritual truths to those who are spiritual." 
1 Corinthians 2:9-13

What an incredible gift we have in the indwelling Holy Spirit of God. Those who live apart from Him cannot fathom the treasure we hold. We have the gift not because we have attained some higher level of consciousness or knowledge through our own efforts. He abides with us because He loves us, and graciously desires that we know Him, that we commune and fellowship with Him. Through His Spirit, we have the mind of Christ to discern what is spiritual.
I'm grateful for this precious gift within me. He is welcome in my mind, my heart and my life. I desire to surrender completely to His will...because I know He cares for me. I am His beloved and He works in me for my good, to make me more like Jesus. I'm definitely a work in progress, but I know He has captivated my heart, saved my soul, and lives within me. AND He is preparing for me the unimaginable! The Spirit in you draws the same Spirit in me and we have a relationship as brothers and sisters even without truly knowing one another. We can share and teach each other the things of the Spirit, because we share this precious gift He has given to all true believers.




-----
Design Details: The background is sponged with Stampin' Up! inks which do not bleed through with most colors. I added some flower accents and words in the margin...all with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps sets: Holy Spirit, Teeny Alpha, Lynzee Script, Scribble Flowers. I added some texture to the page with grunge stamps.

4 comments:

  1. Diane, the beauty you share in your blog posts is such refreshment to my soul! Your deep spiritual insights and accompanying Bible art add so much sunshine to my day! Isn't it wonderful that the Holy Spirit residing in both of us makes us sisters-in-Christ even though we haven't met in person. I also loved yesterday's post about the subject of prayer .... that subject is always of special interest to me. I, too, have seen so many remarkable answers to prayer and am so grateful that the Lord has given us the gift of prayer and intercession. I just loved all that you wrote in that post and wanted to let you know how much it blessed me! What a lovely ministry you have with this blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rita...what an amazing encouragement! You have no idea. I've been contemplating shutting my blog down because not that many people visit and few leave comments, so I had concluded that it really had little to no effect. My blog used to be very active, but I took an extended hiatus and lost much interaction. My Facebook page is much more active. So I appreciate knowing you were here. That certainly blesses me. And YES...I love the bond in Christ we share. Feel free to join me on Facebook too. Just under my name.

      Delete
    2. How nice to read your reply, Diane! As the Holy Spirit leads, please continue sharing what He places on your heart for your blog ... I will treasure all your insights. If He shows you that it's time to shut down your blog, then that is the very thing for you to do. I'm not a Facebook user, but am so glad to hear that your page is very active .... I'm sure it's a blessing to many. Diane, I'm thankful that the Lord "introduced us" ... blessings to you in all your endeavors.

      Delete
    3. Rita...again I'm blessed by your participation here. Always, always wise just to follow the leading of the Spirit! Thank you for your input...love it.

      Delete

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.