Pages

Wednesday, December 28, 2016

God's Steadfast Love

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases; 
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul, 
“therefore I will hope in him.” 
(Lamentations 3:22-24, ESV)

As we look to the start of a new year, I'm so grateful for the truth of this passage. Because God's love for me does not waver, I can trust completely in His steadfast character, provision and concern. I know He is with me, that He will not disappoint, He will never fail me. 


I recently spent some time having a sweet conversation with my precious grandson, Daniel, while my husband listened in. Daniel's topic sprung spontaneously as we chatted and suddenly he dove headlong into an amazingly deep theological discussion with me. He said, "Grammie, I'm not really afraid of anything, not even dying. I'm not afraid because I know God is with me. He is with me all the time, so I don't need to worry about anything. I know He will protect me and even if I die, I will just go straight to heaven, so it's good, Grammie. It's all just good."


The hope we have as believers elicits this kind of bold assurance, while still pretty amazing for a 10 year old. We can truly trust in a God whose love is steadfast, who breathes new life into each morning. And when we understand and accept His love we know we have enough. He is our portion...He is all we need.


My Bible journaling came in stages on the project. I did the background quite some time ago, and finally decided I needed to finish it. I used acrylic paint to demonstrate a technique I rarely use, simply because I like my color to be transparent so the words of Scripture are never covered. It was a fun page to complete and provided a great way to bookmark one of my all-time favorite passages of scripture.


I used the Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps set, Give Praise for all the images, Cosmo Cricket designer paper, and a lace flower (unknown source). I stamped the birds and banner on designer paper then fussy cut them out for this project.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.