Pages

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Word Art Wednesday: Fruit of the Spirit (FREE DIGI)

http://www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

All nine of these?  Maybe five or six?  How about two or three?  Just how many of these spiritual virtues do you possess and exude in your demeanor on a consistent basis?



Our scripture challenge at Word Art Wednesday this week is an often quoted verse.  Yet if we allowed God to examine our hearts under the microscopic power of His omniscience,  what would He find?  On the continuums below, rank where you fall.  Think of your general outlook, your typical response to most people, your default demeanor...

LOVING..............................................................................CRITICAL

JOYING.....................................................................COMPLAINING

AT PEACE...........................................................................WORRIED

PATIENT.............................................................................IMPATIENT

GENTLE..................................................................................ABRUPT

GOOD...........................................................................DISOBEDIENT

FAITHFUL.....................................................................PESSIMISTIC

MEEK.......................................................................................HARSH

SELF-DISCIPLINED......................................................INDULGENT

Probably enough said, right?  The list convicted me.  My prayer is that God will mold and shape my spirit to make me more loving, more joyful and thankful in all circumstances; that He will prompt me to be a peace in His sovereignty, to wait upon Him--patiently, to think before I speak or act. I pray He will chasten me in ways that make me repentant and long to be in His presence through reconciliation. I ask Him to give me more faith, because I always find Him faithful.  And please, please God, put a seal on my lips when a harsh word is about to erupt.   May He shape my life to make me long for His will and self-disciplined enough to seek Him and only Him for everything I need.  
I brought out my Copics for this one.  What fun!  I've never lost my love of coloring.  

I layered the PNG/White-filled image on top of a cropped square of the polka dot paper.
Then I used a circle die to shape the main image.  
By laying the PNG-white-filled image on top I could use a single layer and still color the cherries. 


The verse is nestled inside the simple interior of the card.  
Now it's all ready for a personalized, hand-written note. 


The cherry / tea cup digi paper made a lovely background to showcase the simple cherry image. 
I framed the circle/cherry image with a scallop circle mat in Primrose Petal (SU),
then added tiny pearls to embellish. 

I hope you'll join us at Word Art Wednesday and submit your inspiration project.
All the details are on our blog, along with some great creations by the other, mega-talented designers.

Sets Used:

3 sheets / 12 x 12 / 300 ppi / resizable
JPEG only
$1.50

http://www.dianesdaydreamdesigns.com/store/p876/DD-Cherry_Tea.html
5 color images / JPEG and PNG / 300 ppi / resizable
Can be flipped, rotated and layered. 
$4.00

1 comment:

  1. Oh, Diane, I loved your thoughts on this verse! And I LOVE tea too! Your tea cards are gorgeous! I'm working on one myself right now trying to figure out what colors! Warm hugs and thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.