Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

The Mountain Where I Run

"In the last days
the mountain of the Lord’s house will be established
at the top of the mountains
and will be raised above the hills.
All nations will stream to it,
and many peoples will come and say,
'Come, let us go up to the mountain of the Lord,
to the house of the God of Jacob.
He will teach us about His ways
so that we may walk in His paths.'"
 Isaiah 2:2-3

I heard the song, King of My Heart recently on Christian radio and I was struck with the imagery of running to the mountain of God...high, lofty, lifted up. So many times when we go to God we are low, needy and downcast. But this verse in Isaiah celebrates the high, holy hill of God. When God overwhelms us with His good faithfulness, don't we want to run into His arms? He IS the mountain I run to when I long to be surrounded by His presence, His power, and praise Him. It's OK to go to the mountaintop! We need the mountaintop times with God. Of course He will stoop to meet our needs when we are low, but there have to be the times of praise, celebration, exaltation that take us straight to the high throne of our God, our mountain. So I would invite you today...Come, let us go up to the mountain of God! Let us praise Him there, worship Him there and learn from His unfathomable wisdom. Anybody with me?


To design my page I created my own mountain stencils with torn paper. I tore a sheet of computer paper into three layers of "mountain peaks." Then I used the negative edge...and sponged with lightest colors first from the top down. I added some stamped tree silhouettes (Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps--Scene Silhouettes:Trees) and used a dark gray ink to stamp those over the mountain base. I didn't want a stark black silhouette; rather, I wanted the trees to be a bit smokey. I did hand lettering to capture part of the lyrics from the song.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.