Pages

Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Love God's Word

With my whole heart I seek you;
    let me not wander from your commandments! 
 I have stored up your word in my heart that I might not sin against you. 
 Blessed are you, O Lord; teach me your statutes! 
With my lips I declare all the rules of your mouth. 
In the way of your testimonies I delight as much as in all riches.
 I will meditate on your precepts and fix my eyes on your ways. 
 I will delight in your statutes; I will not forget your word.
 Psalm 119:10-16
 
If we really love God's Word we will seek Him and His direction through it. We will treasure the gift of His Word and hide it in our hearts (memorize scriptures) so when tempted to wander from His commands the Spirit will bring the Word to our mind and we are strengthened through it. When we become students of God's Word we move to disciples...following what it says. Instruction is empty if we don't follow it, live by it, set our course by it. Loving God's Word is more than the journaling and art work we do in its pages. Loving His Word means we rejoice and delight in what He shows us through it. His Word becomes rich in our souls and we delight in finding God through the Word, living it and proclaiming it to others...both the beauty in it and the judgments of it. We embrace the whole counsel of His Word and it stays on our hearts and in our minds always. 


I used watercolor paints and bubble wrap to create the background drying between the two colors. The top portion is a digital stamp (Love God's Word) from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps and I used it as a traceable then colored parts of it with Copic markers. The lower half contains stamped words, also from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps (Send Me). I used watercolor paint to highlight the passage using a brush, then accented the page with Washi tape, and a clip with ribbon.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.