Pages

Tuesday, June 20, 2017

Our Inheritance


Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! 
According to his great mercy, 
he has caused us to be born again 
to a living hope 
through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead,
 to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, 
kept in heaven for you.
 1 Peter 1:3-4

We can face all of our todays when we know what our tomorrows hold.  We can strive with our momentary problems when we know a prize worth the struggle awaits us.  We can live this life with a certain, unyielding hope because we know God has prepared an inheritance for us that makes this life worth the effort, worth the reach, worth the living.  Through the mercy of God, exhibited in the in sacrifice of His Son Jesus, we have been given something that is beyond measure, is of indescribable worth, and is very real...certain, in fact.  We are given a new birth into a living hope, a birth that makes us a child of God, of the eternal King.  And as God's child we are promised an inheritance.  His final will has not been unopened, so we don't know all that He has waiting for us, but we know it is good.  We know it can never perish, spoil or fade.


This Bible-journaling page is personally meaningful to me in so many ways.  What amazing promises lie within these two verses of scripture.  It's everything...it's gives glory to God as our Father, to Christ as our Savior and to the Spirit as the one who fills us with the undeniable and certain hope of heaven.  We are promised by God, who will not change and cannot lie, that we will receive the inheritance He has designed personally for each and every believer. 


God's Word is true and we can absolutely trust and depend on what it says to us.  God has a treasure chest full of unspeakable joy and glory waiting with our names engraved upon the lock.  He holds the key and will give it to us when we meet Him face to face.  I just get teary-eyed and thrill-shivery just thinking about what my treasure might hold!


Of course there will be a crown.  

Henceforth there is laid up for me the crown of righteousness, 
which the Lord, the righteous judge, 
will award to me on that day, 
and not only to me but also to all who have loved his appearing.
2 Timothy 4:8

But I think I'll be casting my crown at the foot of the throne along with the twenty-four elders, for He is worthy of all our crowns!  There will be a never ending bounty lavished upon me as my inheritance.  


And I will enjoy the waves of His blessings forever...no end.  Each gift will be sparkly and new and will never lose its luster. My joy will be complete and will rise in songs of glory for the God who is and will be forevermore.  Even singing His praises will be a gift...one of the many jewels in my treasure chest.  

Whatever this life holds I know I can rejoice in it because each trial, each heartbreak, every step along my journey, both sorrows and joys, takes me closer and closer to my Joy, my Jesus, my heavenly Father and my inheritance.  The older I get, the more real it is.  I can almost taste it, smell it, the glory of the thought along makes me squint from the sheer brightness. It will be....divine!

 
 Sweet 'n Sassy stamp sets I used:

 Scribble Flowers

 Child of the King

 Fantastic Flowers

 Mini Grunge Alpha

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful, Diane! Beautiful words and beautiful art! Thanks for your sharing! :o)

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.