Pages

Sunday, June 25, 2017

Go Out in Joy!

These things I have spoken to you, 
that my joy may be in you, 
and that your joy may be full.
John 15:11 

Welcome to our Mustard Seed Faith Challenge for the next 2 weeks!  Our challenge this week is to share a little joy with your crafting projects.  For my projects I'm submitting both this card and a Bible Journaling page.


I love the verse in John 15:11.  The reason God reveals Himself to man and invites us into relationship is two-fold.  He receives glory from our redemption and we receive complete joy when we are His.  I love the simplicity of this little design for the card (cut out from Illustrated Faith).  It reflects the simplicity of the verse I chose as well...God's joy in us completes our joy.  Feelings like happiness depend on our circumstances or our perspective.  Joy comes from God.  No one can have complete joy apart from a relationship to God.  Simple, profound theology! 

In Christ we are commanded to go out into the world, and we can do so with joy because of the treasure God has put within us.  


My Bible journaling, also on joy, captures Isaiah 55:12,  
“For you shall go out in joy
    and be led forth in peace;
the mountains and the hills before you
    shall break forth into singing,
    and all the trees of the field shall clap their hands.

When God puts His joy into us we can go out in joy and peace, praising God along the way.  Even nature magnifies the praise of the Lord.  

What brings you happiness?

What brings you His joy?  

We hope you'll join us sometime during this challenge and share your own inspirational projects.  We'd love to see them.  Just head over to Mustard Seed Faith Challenges!

6 comments:

  1. Diane I always love reading your thoughts on the scripture and seeing your beautiful creations. Seeing them brings me joy, knowing you brings me more joy. And the love of the Savior brings me indescribable joy that resides within a deep place in my soul.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, such wonderful nuggets of wisdom. I know I have joy from my tiptoes to the top of my head when the Holy Spirit confirms with me that I am His. Love your simple joyful card and also reading more of your thoughts on this on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Diane, such wonderful nuggets of wisdom. I know I have joy from my tiptoes to the top of my head when the Holy Spirit confirms with me that I am His. Love your simple joyful card and also reading more of your thoughts on this on FB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a beautiful, precious Word for the day. Love love this, thank you! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Diane:
    I hope you're doing well. I stopped by Mustard Seed Challenge and saw that there's no new challenge. Did they already close down?

    I hope you will stop by by WAW to play along when you do post cards. I miss seeing your art and sharing your fellowship. Take care, and God bless you.

    Karen

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, Karen, PeggySue decided to close it since we didn't have much participation. Sad...but thank you for the nudge to come by WAW again. I'll make every effort to do just that. I've missed it...and YOU as well. Hugs, sister!

      Delete

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.