Pages

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

WAW Challenge: Seasoned Speech (FREE DIGI STAMPS)



It's Wednesday and time for another Word Art Wednesday challenge.  If you haven't played with this challenge, you should really try.  It's one of the most flexible and you get tons of inspiration from the many participants.  Just check out our main page...details, sponsor and your project linking information is all there.

Our scripture inspiration is free for you to use on your project, but not a requirement.  Still, isn't this biblical challenge a big one...let your speech be ALWAYS with grace?  There have been more times than I can count where I have spoken to someone, then later wished that I had said something different, said more, said less....or not said anything at all!  Knowing how to fill your speech with grace might not be difficult if you are preparing to deliver a speech.  You have the time to carefully craft your words.  But to fill even casual conversations with grace always...every time....now that is a challenge.  It takes practice.  Here a smaller challenge.  Practice concentrating on what you say to everyone you encounter for just one day.  And season that day's conversation with grace...with encouragement, with hope, with love, with forgiveness, with kindness.  Just one day.  Can you do it?


Recently a woman in our church shared the tragic story of a young couple who were expecting their second child.  The baby had life threatening heart conditions so severe that doctors offered scant hope of the baby's survival to full-term birth, much less life outside the womb.  Yet this young mother, a woman of deep faith, responded to everyone's inquiries with such grace and faith.  And the woman in our church who spoke frequently with the mother offered her encouragement and extended opportunities to so many people to pray for this family.  So many graceful conversations in the midst of a very trying, heart-wrenching time. 

Another woman in my Sunday morning Bible study class shared about a young 7 year old child who was terminally ill with cancer and was nearing the end of her days.  Not even knowing her friends or their daughter, I was sick at heart and full of grief for them.  It seems lately I've heard of so many parents who are suffering unbearably through their children's devastating physical challenges.


I thought it was appropriate to design a card that symbolized both the realities I've shared.  First, we are challenged to fill our conversations with grace. Even those chatting-over-coffee conversations.  Ones where you are being yourself...which is to be an ambassador of Christ.  The cup on this card represents our most unguarded conversations with those closest to us.  The yellow mug and digi paper is from our Hope Endures cancer awareness line--the yellow set, which represents awareness of cancer in children among other challenges.  You'll notice the words in the background...hope, courage, cure, believe, faith, healing.

Are our conversations filled with words that encourage hope and faith, and offer healing to broken and despairing hearts?  I admire these women in our church who offered the precious gift of gracious words to hurting people.  I love both of them and have been blessed by them myself.  I trust that their gentle spirits and gracious words were a healing balm to their grief-stricken friends.  My friends have had to practice such graciousness...it would have to come naturally to them to be able to deliver in trying times. And I know they did.

   
Card Ingredients:
  • Cardstock--Whisper White (to print images and digi paper), Old Olive / SU
  • Digi paper--Hope Endures (Yellow Papers)
  • Designer Paper (SU-retired)
  • Images--Hope Endures: Yellow Awareness Set; Pumpkins and Sunflowers Color Set
Sets Used:

(Outline version available, sold separately)
8 color images / JPEG and PNG / 300 dpi
$3.00

8 sheets / 6 x 6 / 300 dpi / resizable
$3.00


(Outline version available, sold separately)
11 color images / JPEG and PNG / 300 dpi
$4.00

Thanks for stopping in!
Diane

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and timely words, Diane. This area has been a struggle for me since I was a tiny girl. I'm so thankful that we are given God's grace can help us in the areas we are weakest!!! Blessings!!

    Tricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a lovely card Diane - I like the entire layout of your creation - and the colors that blend nicely - thank you for the refreshing story - I often need to watch my mouth - sometimes I surprise myself of the things that will fly out of it - I am amazed that God the Father knows what I am going to say before I say it - May I always remember that and may my words be pleasing to the Lord. Blessings - Gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfectly lovely card, Diane. Oh, how I would just LOVE to sit down and enjoy a goof cup of coffee with you. It blesses my heart that I have such a friend as you. God is SO GOOD and SO gracious towards us. Thank you for all you do to bless my life, and the lives of others. You're in my prayers, and I thank God for you!
    Have a blessed week.
    Hugs,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful. My heart aches of the family with the 7 year old girl. This would pull at anyone's heart strings, but this really tugged hard as I have a son who is 7. I can't imagine and will be saying lots of prayers for the girl and her family.

    Your card is so bright and cheerful!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This Scripture is magnificent and what if we all took it to heart. End of life for children has marked me so much. It cause one to stop and think before speaking. Your card feels like hope. It is beautiful. We love that you are back.
    Blessings
    Carole

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to see your creations again, Diane! Your card is so pretty and I love the addition of the sunflower at the bottom. I hope you are doing well! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a warm and wonderful card, Diane, and your words are very thought-provoking. Speaking with grace at all times is something that I think most of struggle with, I certainly do, and more, even when I realize I'm not meeting God's expectations, it's not always clear to me how to do better. What you have said really gives me some things to think and pray about. Thank you for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Cute card, fun with the polka dotted paper and flower added. Hope your doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Dianne. First of all, I just want to say that I am so glad you are back at WAW. I am thankful to the Lord for taking care of you and getting you back in the Crafting world. All of us at WAW missed you! I also think your comeback project is a knock-out. Love the yellow and the DP's are amazing. Beautiful digi images. You are one true blessing!

    Hugs in Christ,
    JO ANN

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, another thing! Love what you shared. We truly can learn something from one another---even in trying times, there is always a ray of hope that God sends to help us deal with difficult situations and celebrate victories. Much love!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.