Pages

Monday, March 7, 2016

His Banner Over Me!

Before I share my Bible art-journaling sample for today I have some big news to share.  In a previous post I mentioned that I was "all in" with this new passion.  I've been reorganizing supplies and space, and I'm sharing my work in several online venues.  But one of the most exciting outcomes of starting this venture is that I was invited to join the design team on Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps.  The Creative Worship team will be showcasing the Creative Worship stamp sets and their inspirational samples using the sets.  I'm so thrilled to represent Korin Sutherland and her amazing stamp line. 

http://creativeworshipsnss.blogspot.com/

Since my husband and I will celebrate another anniversary next month, April 2, I decided to design something in Song of Solomon.  David and I wrote our own vows using verses from this book, so it made a great canvas for art-journaling. Korin had the perfect stamp set in the Creative Worship section of her store...

http://www.sweetnsassystamps.com/worship-the-lord-clear-stamp-set/
 

 
Here is the two page spread I designed.  I wanted an old, splashy antique watercolor look to it. (I'm still very much in the experimenting stages, determining how art mediums interact with the thin pages of my Bible.  I'd read about practicing on some of the back pages in your Bible which I thought was a great idea.)  I depicted SS 2:4, 16 in the margin of the left page..."my page" and the verse David referenced (SS 4:9) in his vows on the right page.  I feel very sheltered in our marriage.  Thinking of David's love being over me like a protective banner so aptly describes the safety I feel.  Husbands are to nurture their wives, bringing them to a banquet table of all that delights a woman's heart and soul.


I brushed over the entire surface of both pages with brown watercolor and added more distressing by sponging with brown ink and creating some darker splatters.  I taped off the two verses I wanted to highlight later with red.


David's vows were amazing.  But when he got to his paraphrased version of SS 4:9, I melted.  All he did was to insert my name in the verse! I was already David's sister in Christ. That is a deep bond that makes the marriage relationship, being his bride, even deeper, stronger, more resilient through the storms of life and love.

To design "his page" I used the heart from the set and colored with watercolor paints again. I hand-lettered on both pages---ugh, still lots of practicing to do on that!  Since the theme is about banners, I thought it would be fun to add the washi tape banner.  I've spent years designing greeting cards and could just never get the hang of washi tape.  Bible journaling is MADE for it!  I've used it more in the time I've been journaling (weeks) than in all my years making cards!  It made a perfect little banner and that added some color to my page.

I'm so looking forward to this journey with Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, with Korin, and all the precious ladies on the Creative Worship Team.  My debut post is HERE today, so I invite you to hope over and say hello to me there too.  

Blessings on your day, and thank you so much for stopping in.  
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful,Diane!! I really like the parchment treatment of your pages and your lettering looks good to me. And guess what? I ordered my Bible and put in my first order to Sweet n Sassy Stamps! It should go well with my Precept studies and I plan to keep it simple. I love your sharing your vows, too!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful project! Your pages are beautiful!
    Bible journaling looks really neat. I hope to try it someday soon.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.