Pages

Monday, May 12, 2014

Time to Craft for Dad's Day!

Father's Day will be here sooner than we think, and we have some brand new sets for you this month so you can start your crafting in plenty of time.  I'm so happy to be showcasing these new FD sets, because these are the first I could create and enjoy since my father passed 3 years ago.  Every time I thought of Father's Day it just made me miss him so much that I couldn't really get into the design mode.  This year, it just happened!  I still miss him terribly, but I could think more of the other fathers I know, and I was able to move on.  I actually had so much fun making all the sets. 

Today I'll showcase one of new sets, the Dapper Dad ensemble.  I think it's going to be a fav of mine, because I really like the color combo of the papers.  Everything coordinates, so you may just have to have the whole shebang!   First, a few samples...


This sample is designed by Dream Team Member Vickie Yeakley, and I absolutely love it.  Love the total black and white color combo to echo the idea of the silhouette version of the images.  She used the Dapper Dad Outline and Silhouette Set, and Dapper Dad's Day sentiments shown below in our set line up.

Here are a couple of samples I created...


Both cards use the same sets Vickie used above, the Dapper Dad Outline and Silhouette set and the Dapper Dad's Day Sentiments.

I paper pieced the mustache digitally with one of the papers from the set.  The colors in the papers match (at least on my printer) Stampin' Up! cardstocks in Summer Starfruit, Marina Mist and Night of Navy.  I love matching my colors to my cardstock stash.


For this one I created a composite images combining silhouette images and rearranging one of the sentiments in the set.  I decided later that the silhouettes would look great printed on colored cardstock too, so I'll have to try that next.

The sets:


13 color images / JPEG and PNG / 300 ppi / resizable
$4.00


10 sheets / 12 x 12 / 300 ppi / resizable
5 plaids / 5 textured coordinating solids
$3.00


9 outline images (JPEG and PNG, white-filled and transparent)
8 silhouette images (JPEG and PNG)
(Use the transparent PNG outline image for paper piecing for your own plaid combinations)
$5.00


9 sentiments / JPEG and PNG / 300 ppi / resizable
can be recolored in most photo editing programs
$3.00

Thanks for stopping by to browse our newest sets.  I'll be featuring another new Dad's Day set on Thursday, so I hope you'll stop back by then.  
Diane

1 comment:

  1. EEK! LOVE the plaid mustache! These are awesome, Diane!!! HUGS and have a wonderful rest of the week! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.