Pages

Saturday, June 22, 2013

Thankful To Be An American!

Patriotic themes in crafting range from sobering reminders about the high cost of our freedoms to the the fun and playful side of just rejoicing in the blessing of our country.   I'm proud of being an American, and I thank God that we are still under His sovereign hand whether or not the majority of the country realizes that fact.  I've created several new patriotic sets to be used any time you want to showcase the red, white and blue.

Sentiments sets come in both black and colors files.  These sets are available in two stores, Imagine That! releasing them TODAY-- June 22, and on McMahon 5 Designs on Friday, June 28.

Here are some samples first. I'm showing the card face first then the inside of that card.










Here's a look at the complete set.  There are four inside sentiments (although they could certainly be used on the outside of your card), and 7 additional sentiments...total 11 sentiments.  Remember too, you can cut and past to separate or combine.  (Set contains color AND black and white, so you can recolor your own).

Americana Sentiments 
For the inside and outside of your card! 
(click on this image for a better view)

The sentiments above coordinate with these gorgeous Americana papers created by Kris Breach, sold here.
by Kris Breach

Now for the playful side of my patriotism.  Here's coordinating image and sentiment sets, Playfully Patriotic.  But my card sample first!


Here I used Poppy Parade cardstock to showcase this little guy from the Patriotic Playfulness Color set.  The background paper is from Kris's Americana set shown above.  And, by the way, I'm entering this card in the Word Art Wednesday challenge.  I didn't use the free graphic you can get there, but I'm slowly trying to get back into a few challenges and that one is always so fun.  Hope you'll check them out.


These are available in a color set, or outline image set, so you can color your own.

Patriotic Playfulness Color Set
13 images (some include shading not shown here)

Patriotic Playfulness Outline Set
10 images (one color image of blank seal not shown)
(JPEG and PNG)

 Patriotic Playfulness Sentiment Set
7 sentiments (JPEG and PNG)

Sets Available at these stores:
Imagine That!  (June 22)

6 comments:

  1. Lovely Card Diane ~ thank you for stopping by to comment on my card in which I used your scripture for WAW- I posted credit for the scripture usage on my blog now - enjoy your day! God Bless ~ Gail ~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Diane...I am absolutely delighted to hear from you again. We missed you a lot and so grateful that God reunited us once again. Thanks for stopping by and checking on my Blog. We love your Word Art and happy to feature it at WAW. Now, I can see that you are back at creating wonderful digis again. These sets are absolutely gorgeous. Hope to hear more from you. Hugs!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW Diane, lots of really awesome cards here - and your set is too too cute!! I sold 3 of them today :) I just love this song I posted on FB today - goes with your post! https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=1630902187028&set=vb.1670821851&type=2&theater
    anywhoo... love your post today and wishing you a wonderful restful weekend.
    Hugs,
    kris

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, these are ALL beautiful! I am partial to patriotic designs myself! Wonderful creations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Diane,
    What a pleasant surprise to see your name under an entry at WAW. All your cards are gorgeous and so PATRIOTIC. I live in Canada and I was touched by them. The 'Playful Patriotic' card would be such a fun invitation, birthday or anniversary card. ( my friend's were married on Canada Day so it does happen). Thank you so much for the very kind comment you left for me. I feel like you are such a leader in this paper craft creativity field so I was honored.
    We appreciate your participation and thank you so much for showcasing this wonderful art with us at WAW.
    Psalm 23 Blessings,
    Surely Goodness and Mercy shall follow you Diane, all the days of your life,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well, look who stopped by to share in our challenge this week!!! Woo Hoo! So nice to see you back in the swing of things. This means that God has brought you back to a good healthy place of balance between crafting and "the real world". It's a fine line...for sure! I had to finish all my DT work before I went on vacation, and it has felt SO GOOD to do nothing for four weeks. I could really get used to this. Slowing down would really be helpful to me (especially during the school year).
    Thanks for sharing this lovely patriotic set and for your beautiful sample with it. I really hope these new endeavors will be the perfect fit for you. I'm SO blessed to have you back at WAW!
    Blessings,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.