Pages

Tuesday, April 3, 2018

More than We Ask!

"Now to him who is able to do 
far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, 
according to the power at work within us, 
to him be glory in the church 
and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, 
forever and ever. Amen." 
Ephesians 3:20-21

AMEN!!! One of the most often repeated directives in scripture is about prayer. Prayer is our lifeline in connecting to God. So many believers fail to believe in the need and power of prayer. It can be a last resort when it should be our first response, our first act of the day. We are to live in an attitude of prayer so we are in constant communion with God. 

I think about the times I've prayed and God has answered in a visible, tangible way. His blessing ALWAYS exceeds the size of my prayers! He goes beyond my limited scope of my situation or my need and He gives beyond what I ask. I could write volumes about the huge answers I have received from God when I prayed. He is not only ABLE to give more than we ask or imagine...that is what He does...that is who He is!


Design Details: The background is a watercolor paint wash keeping brush strokes in a vertical pattern and layering three colors. I used Jane Davenport watercolors in brights. All the wording was done with stamps from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, some from their newly released stamps this month...Just Say Jesus and Teeny Alpha. I also used other SNSS stamps-- Skinny Minnie Alpha set, Note This for the arrows and Scribble Flowers for the rosettes. The silhouette image is a modification of the new release, A Mother's Love. Instead of lifting the baby high I just did a little cutting and had her lifting her hand in praise. I stamped on a piece of paper, did the modification then adhered to the page.

1 comment:

  1. Your work is so beautiful and inspiring. I'm just new at bible journaling.

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.