Pages

Tuesday, November 15, 2016

When You Need Truth


Where would you go to find truth on which you could completely rely? In a world of relativism, few are interested in absolute truth. Yet, absolute truth is our only reliable source for determining reality. Everything else is a shifting shadow and relies more on feeling and human experience than what is real. In John 14:6, Christ addresses this question of truth, "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" Truth is not an ideology; it is a person. Jesus became the Word, the Truth, and apart from Him there is nothing that will last, nothing that is rooted in true reality. 


One of my all time favorite scriptures echos this reality. Isaiah 40:7-10 shows us that the concrete "realities" of life as we know them will pass away. They don't endure. The grass withers, flowers fall, and human life is as the flowers of the field. We will pass. Yet one thing remains constant, will never change, fade or die. The Word of our God endures forever. His Truth. If we trust in that Truth, and the One who embodies the Way, the Truth and the Life, we enter into the enduring life He has prepared for us. We come to the Father through the Son. No other way. What God has spoken will happen.



I've chosen a fall theme to highlight this passage and used a stamp from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps that I've had my eye on all summer--Leaf Silhouettes. I lightly sponged both pages with Lucky Limeade ink from Stampin' Up! then used fall colors of ink for the leaves--SU Tangerine Tango, Lucky Limeade, Crushed Curry, Cajun Craze. I also used SNSS's Furry Friends for the stamped word, forever. Because there are so many ministers of the Gospel in my family I highlighted verses 9-10 as well (sponged with Crushed Curry) then underlined the key phrases with my glittery Spica pens.
If you hurry, you can still make the sale that Sweet 'n Sassy Sassy Stamps is offering this week to get all Fall and Christmas stamps sets at a 20% discount.


 Leaf Silhouettes

 Furry Friends


No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.