Pages

Sunday, February 9, 2014

Just Playing Around

It seems like much of the time I'm posting cards that are showcasing my newest digi images from Daydream Designs, my store.  But I do have a life outside of my business...and that life has been keeping me very, very busy recently.  One of my favorite down time things to do is to join some stampin' buddies once a month at stamp club with my Stampin' Up! demonstrator.  I still love my big stash of Stampin' Up! products, I love the traditional stamps and getting all inky.  It's a fun diversion from digi.  I just like balance. 


As a part of club, we do a card trade.  This is the card I created for this month's trade.  I really like the contrast of the black card base with the gorgeous blue of the Pool Party embossed layer.  The bright pop of color from the Strawberry Slush stamped flowers (petite petals).


I love having punches to pop out a ton of flowers like this. I used the punch to make the leaves too...just cut the petals apart and tucked under the flowers.


You can't see it as well here, but the Pool Party cardstock is from their coredinations line and I sanded the script and polka dots creating a two toned effect.


It was a fun day, just to step away from the business and play. 


3 comments:

  1. Oh, this is gorgeous! I LOVE the bold colors and the fabulous texture! HUGS! :) Mynn xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Diane, your card is beautiful! I love the soft colors you used; reminds me of spring!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.