Join the Fun--DAY 3
NOW through January 19
Welcome to the Daydream Designs BLOG HOP! If you are just joining us, hop right in. But you may want to check out previous posts by our designers. Some of them are posting new samples each day of the hop. We have tons of inspiration for you and lots of FREEBIES and giveaways. You will visit 10 Dream Team designers’ blogs. Follow the linked list below to move through the blog hop in order, so you don’t miss one.
**Three winners will win their choice of
THREE FREE SETS**
from our Daydream Designs Store.
If we have lots of players, more winners will be selected.
**One winner will win this BIG BLOG CANDY**
click on image to enlarge
Blog Candy Contents:
- Cardstock: 2-12x12 toast textured, 3-12x12 pink textured, 3 sheets each of 8-1/2 x 11 in Sahara Sand, Early Espresso, Strawberry Slush. (8 sheets total)
- Patterned Paper: TWO 12 x 12 sheets EACH in light floral, bright floral, stripe, and heart print. (8 sheets total)
- Embellishments: 7 yds. total in wrinkle ribbon: pink blush, sand, caramel (hand-dyed by Diane Noble), 5 doilies, assorted prima flowers (as shown), assorted round and heart shaped buttons as shown, bird cage with pendant, rhinestone swirls, pink glass pearls, 30+ stickers
- 3-D alterable items: 1 set of bracket covers for a mini album, one boxed fold out album to decorate. (See more pictures at the end of this blog post)
BLOG HOP FREEBIES HAVE EXPIRED
To qualify:1. Visit every blog on the list.
2. Leave a comment saying you were here. Leave additional comments on subsequent days for more chances to win.
3. For an extra chance to win, subscribe to our newsletter (Diane’s blog, first stop on the hop. If you are already subscribed just tell me and I'll add another chance for you).
4. When you get to the last blog on the list, Jerusha’s blog, you will have the choice to end the hop or continue to Deedee Anderson’s blog to start another round with her team for more prizes and Freebies! Let’s get started!
Deedee Anderson (optional to continue to her One-Stop-Blog Hop for additional prizes and inspiration)
MY SAMPLES FOR DAY 3
Here's something a little different for you on Day 3 of our hop. I wanted to share this 3-D project and show you how to make it. It holds 4 Kuerig K-Cups. You could punch slots or different shaped openings for other types of gifties.
For the base of the box, cut a piece of heavy cardstock 7" x 10" then score and cut as shown in the diagram below. You can copy and paste this image to a word document to make it larger.
Score all cut and score lines first. Then cut out shaded areas and fold along score lines. Punch out all openings before adhering box together. Side flaps overlap; adhere outside flap to the others. The 1/2" flap adheres to the handle piece when the box is folded up.
To make a 2-cup holder use one pattern; for a 4-cup holder like my sample, make two boxes and adhere together with sticky tape. To decorate, cut 1-7/8" x 3-7/8" panels for the four sides (4-cup holder). Cut a 1-1/4" x 3-7/8" panel of patterned paper for each side of the handle. You will have to punch the handle shape to align with the box if you chose to have a handle. Decorate as desired.
To decorate my box I used:
- Curious Metallic Cryogen White cardstock from CutCardStock.com. It's shimmering and the perfect weight for 3-D projects like this. I absolutely love it. It's like SU's shimmer white only heavier and much cheaper!
- Love You Tender Digi Paper from Daydream Designs
- Snowbaby Love Color Set (puppy and small pink heart), Daydream Designs
- Scalloped Heart of Hearts Sizzlit die (SU).
- Trio flower punch (SU) and Melon Mambo cardstock for the layered flower. Pearl center.
- Sentiment from Sending You Love sentiment set, Daydream Designs, recolored to pink
- White satin ribbon, (SU)
Your next stop is Elizabeth Hart at Warm Harted