Pages

Wednesday, November 13, 2013

Little Children


Oh I do delight in sharing our Word Art Wednesday challenge each week.  The whole experience just blesses me so much.  The ladies who partner in sharing God's Word there are such talented artists and each loves God with her whole heart.  And our sponsors are WONDERFUL.  Visit our website for full details. Our scripture challenge for this week opens so many fun possibilities for designing. 
Christ's beloved disciple, John, often referred to believers as children.  I suspect that came from several observations; one certainly was that even adult believers could display rather childish behaviors.  But more often, it was a term of endearment.  John loved his Lord's followers deeply, and longed for them to be powerful, victorious ambassadors for Christ. And he knew the glue that would hold them together and make them a formidable force against the schemes of the enemy, Satan, was the love they would have for one another.


Loving one another as Christ loved us doesn't come naturally.  We can only love that deeply as we allow Christ to love through us.  As a public school educator, and pastor's wife, I've encountered many difficult people and those who have been hurt by unkind, unloving people.  Those hurts run deep and cause emotional scars.  Words spoken in anger cut painfully and heal slowly. 


Yet, the love of Christ can permeate our spirit and make us love even those who have wrongfully hurt us.  We are challenged in scripture to love deeply, not just superficially.

Now that you have purified yourselves by obeying the truth
 so that you have sincere love for each other,
 love one another deeply, from the heart.
 1 Peter 1:22

One of our greatest means to a powerful testimony before a watching world, is the way we love one another.  Our encouragement to others in the body of Christ strengthens our testimony.  We are to encourage one another daily.

Finally, brothers and sisters, rejoice! 
Strive for full restoration, encourage one another, 
be of one mind, live in peace. 
And the God of love and peace will be with you. 
2 Corinthians 13:11


If our actions speak louder than words, we are certainly to encourage one another through action.  I love sending cards to people, but I can get too comfortable just "sending" my encouragement and not adding real, hands-on ministry.  Our challenge verse pushes us to action...to love not just in word only, but with actions.  We are to step out of our comfort zones and our places of complacency and put hands and feet to the love we feel in our hearts.  


My sample for this week uses some of my favorites from Daydream Designs.  My little Snowbabies will release in the store soon!  I'm in the process of upgrading my store to allow for automatic downloading upon purchase, and I'm still behind the learning curve.  But this set and all the wonderful digis that go with it will release soon!  Once they release, I'll feature all the components.  


I know that my handcrafted cards can encourage others.  I've received so many thank yous from recipients.  But I want to be more intentional this next year with my encouragement....more hands-on!  I want to love more in deed than I do in word.  

Please join our challenge this week.  We absolutely love all the inspirations we get from our many followers and participants.  Won't you join us at Word Art Wednesday?  Be inspired by the others on our design team and by all those who join in the fun.  

Thanks for your encouragement!
Diane

2 comments:

  1. Hi, Diane! I love, love, love your card! I love the layout and of course I love the darling snowbabies! Your words today have been very encouraging to my heart today. Sometimes I get tired of being the encouraging one, but I need to remember WHY I must do it. Thanks for allowing the Lord to speak to my heart through you. Have a blessed day! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sweet card! Your snow babies are so cute!
    I love this verse! I appreciate your testimony along with it... a couple of years ago I cut this in vinyl for a friend who wanted it on her children's bedroom wall... don't just say you love your siblings, show them!

    ReplyDelete

Your comments bless me so much! Thank you for taking the time to leave them.